Stevens-Coolidge Place

Property: Stevens-Coolidge Place

Title: About the Stevens-Coolidge Place

Description: The Stevens-Coolidge Place is a 91-acre property in North Andover, Massachusetts. The property was originally established as a working farm in 1729 and was home to seven generations of the Stevens family, who were among the first settlers of Andover in 1642. Around 1914, Helen and John Stevens began the decades-long transformation of the ancestral farm into an elegant example of a "Country Place Era" estate. In 1962 Helen Stevens Coolidge died, leaving the property and an endowment to The Trustees who name changed from Ashdale Farm to Stevens-Coolidge Place in honor of the family. Stevens-Coolidge Place was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.

Date: 1962 (Bequest of Helen Stevens Coolidge, with additional land purchased in 1980. The property was renamed to honor John and Helen. Additional land was added to the property through the generosity of Jane Whitehilll in 1985 and by Robert and Samuel Stevens through the Massachusetts Land Conservation Trust in 1999.)


Stevens-Coolidge Place

Object Type: Collection

Collection and/or Series: Trustees: Our Properties

Stevens-Coolidge Place
Stevens-Coolidge Place